Hospital volunteer opportunities
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati could not operate without its volunteers. Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati is fortunate to have generous volunteers who make an effort to give their time every single day—all year around. Because Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati is a pediatric specialty hospital, the following are requirements for becoming a volunteer:
- Must be 18 years of age and committed to a minimum of 25 volunteer hours per calendar year. (Unique circumstances will be considered on an individual basis.)
- Must submit to a complete background check, including reference.
- Must submit to drug and alcohol screening.
- Must provide a current immunization record, including a tuberculosis screening.
- Must attend a comprehensive orientation prior to beginning your volunteer position.
- Volunteers for special events that benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati and not holding a regular ongoing volunteer status will not be required to undergo drug testing or background checks. References may be required. Depending on the nature of the event, references and/or applicable health screening may be required.
- Volunteer must attend an annual educational review.