Hospital volunteer opportunities
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati could not operate without its volunteers. Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati is fortunate to have generous volunteers who make an effort to give their time every single day—all year around. These volunteers include Shriners, high school and college students, homemakers, and retirees. Because Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati is a pediatric specialty hospital, the following are requirements for becoming a volunteer:
- Must be 18 years of age and committed to a minimum of 25 volunteer hours per calendar year. (Unique circumstances will be considered on an individual basis.)
- Youth volunteers must be 15 and up to 18 years of age by June 1 and have completed 9th grade. (Must have at least two non-family member references)
- Must submit to a complete background check, including reference.
- Must submit to drug and alcohol screening.
- Must provide a current immunization record, including a tuberculosis screening.
- Must attend a comprehensive orientation prior to beginning your volunteer position.
- Volunteers for special events that benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati and not holding a regular ongoing volunteer status will not be required to undergo drug testing or background checks. References may be required. Depending on the nature of the event, references and/or applicable health screening may be required.
- Volunteer must attend an annual educational review.