David A. Billmire, M.D., FACS, FAAP
David A. Billmire, M.D., FACS, FAAP, is a pediatric plastic surgeon at Shriners Hospitals for Children – Cincinnati and is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He received his undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and his medical degree at Ohio State University. Dr. Billmire completed a general surgery residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and a plastic surgery residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery. He completed a fellowship in aesthetic surgery in Miami, FL and a fellowship in craniomaxillofacial surgery at the Children’s Hospital-Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas.
Special interests include craniofacial conditions, cleft lip and palate, and craniosynostosis. Research interests include cellular signaling in craniosynostosis.
Dr. Billmire is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Association of Pediatric Plastic Surgeons, and the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the following societies and associations:
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Burn Association
- American Cleft Palate Association
- American Society of Craniofacial Surgery
- American Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Medical Degree, The Ohio State University, Columbus
- Residencies, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Plastic Surgery
- Fellowship, Aesthetic Surgery, Miami, FL, Aesthetic Surgery
- Fellowship, The Foundation for Craniofacial Deformities, Baylor University Medical Center Children’s Hospital, Craniomaxillofacial Surgery