Christopher Gordon, M.D.
Christopher Gordon, M.D., is a pediatric plastic surgeon for Shriners Hospitals for Children — Cincinnati and is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He received an undergraduate degree in biomedical science and psychology from the University of Michigan and earned a medical degree from the University of Michigan School of Medicine. Dr. Gordon completed an internship in general surgery at Union Memorial Hospital-Baltimore. He completed a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery and was chief resident at University of Louisville. Dr. Gordon completed a research fellowship in surgery at Johns Hopkins University; a fellowship in craniomaxillofacial/minimally invasive plastic surgery at Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico; and a fellowship in craniofacial and aesthetic surgery at Hospital M. Gea Gonzalez in Mexico City, Mexico. Dr. Gordon also serves as medical director of plastic surgery at Dayton Children's Hospital.
Areas of special interest to Dr. Gordon include distraction of the facial skeleton for obstructive apnea, aesthetic jaw surgery, novel approaches to the treatment of cleft lip and palate, and endoscopic craniofacial surgery. His research focuses on the molecular biology of bone growth and the genetic basis for facial clefting.
Dr. Gordon is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Surgeons, American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Association, American Society of Craniofacial Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgery, American College of Maxillofacial Surgery, Ohio Medical Association, and the International Society of Craniofacial Surgery.
- Medical Degree, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Internship, Union Memorial Hospital-Baltimore, General Surgery
- Research Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University, Surgery
- Residency/Chief Resident, University of Louisville, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellowship, Craniomaxillofacial /Minimally invasive Plastic Surgery, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
- Fellowship, Craniofacial and Aesthetic Surgery, Hospital M. Gea Gonzalez, Mexico City, Mexico